Have problems with your current SIM card, and no matter what you do, the problem doesn’t seem to go? The time is right to switch to a different telecom service provider. When you switch your carriers, do look for a host of benefits, all the available plans, and their prices to get the best deal. Switching numbers is not such a big issue nowadays – all thanks to mobile number portability.
While porting has been made quite simple and effortless, getting a new SIM card could still be a major challenge for you. Imagine locating and going to the store, finding a professional, and asking for the service provider’s plans. In addition, you might also have to come back to your home, find all the documents that you might need for the whole process, and then go back once again. You will also have to spend a considerable amount of time there, to finally get the new SIM. All of this sounds extremely hectic, doesn’t it?
Thankfully, if you are thinking of switching to Airtel, or just getting a new Airtel SIM card, then you are in luck! Because, with Airtel, you can now get doorstep delivery of your SIM card, without any additional charges! Sounds incredible? We think the same.
Steps to apply for a new SIM card with the Airtel Thanks app
Want to know the steps that you need to follow to get a new SIM card from Airtel? Follow these:
- Download the Airtel Thanks app (online recharge app). If this is the first time that you are downloading the app, then you will also have to register on it.
- Next, on the main screen, you will see a port to Airtel section. Click on it.
- A new screen will pop up.
- From here, you can choose whether you want a prepaid or a postpaid connection.
- In addition, if you scroll downward, you’ll see empty sections. Here, add your phone number, full name, delivery address and other relevant information as required.
- You will also be asked to choose the relevant plan, that suits you best.
- After selecting the plan and entering all the details, make the payment.
Once you have booked your SIM card online, you will get it delivered to your home within a span of 24 hours. The Airtel delivery executive will also perform the KYC for you on your doorstep, and the new SIM will get activated on the same day itself.
Airtel Thanks benefits
Once you have downloaded the Thanks app, you can also use it as your preferred online recharge app. You can recharge DTH connections, broadband services, pay electricity bills online and do lots more. Make sure that you explore the Thanks app, because it certainly has everything in it to make life easier for everyone. Making UPI based payments, online bank transactions and more – Airtel Thanks has it all.
After getting Thanks, you may even use it to make online mobile bill payments for yourself, and others. Get it right away!